Just think abut it, how good is life for the vast majority of Australias 2.2 million over 60s
Here are some facts from the WHO that might surprise you;
- Between 2015 and 2050, the proportion of the world’s population over 60 years will nearly double from 12% to 22%.
- By 2020, the number of people aged 60 years and older will outnumber children younger than 5 years.
- In 2050, 80% of older people will be living in low- and middle-income countries.
- The pace of population ageing is much faster than in the past.
- All countries face major challenges to ensure that their health and social systems are ready to make the most of this demographic shift.
While we are enjoying these beautiful gifts we have been given here in Australia spare a thought for the not so fortunate and in context, those that cannot afford hundreds if not thousands of dollars for prescription glasses just to be able to see well
AusSpecs has been supplying Australians with Prescription Glasses Online for nearly 13 Years, so, when your optometrist delivers the news like “Sorry, you might need to wear glasses” you can rely on AusSpecs for great glasses at the cheapest prices in Australia .
Good luck , stay safe and best wishes for 2019 🙂
The AusSpecs team